Join us for the first Digital Works Conference
After 7 years of Digital Works podcasts, newsletters and events, we’re very excited to present our first ever Digital Works Conference.
The theme of the Conference is Curiosity, because we believe that being curious is the starting point for every successful example of great digital work.
The word ‘digital’ covers a huge and diverse range of work in the cultural sector, and our Conference programme will speak to that breadth. It has been designed to deliver inspiration, insight, new ideas, and practical approaches as well as sparking discussion and debate.
To do this we have a brilliant line-up of speakers from both in and out of the sector, who will be sharing their experiences, expertise and unique perspectives.
Day 1: Wednesday 24th April
- Lessons learned from a decade of digital
- The digital pivot - a success story
- Rethinking value, sponsorship and funding
- The power dynamics and ethical considerations of digital working
- The value of digital audiences
- Creative and artistic potential
- Data, insights, action
- Nurturing your digital imagination - a key leadership competency
Day 2: Thursday 25th April
- The importance of digital touchpoints for access and inclusion
- What makes a digitally effective brand?
- The psychology of motivation
- Context is Everything: Bad Patterns & Best Practice for Digital Journeys
- Why you need an editorial strategy - the value of thinking like a publisher
- Delivering digital projects - how to get it right
- The value of inclusive design - a practical toolkit
- Leading a digitally literate organisation
The Conference will provide an opportunity for digital professionals from across the sector to come together to discuss many of the shared challenges we are all facing, as well as a valuable chance to network and socialise away from the day-to-day.
We've announced our first speakers – stay tuned for more!
Disability Inclusion & Accessibility Specialist, Social Entrepreneur and Broadcaster
Senior Consultant, AEA Consulting
Head of Experience & Digital, V&A
Dr Francesca Sobande
Senior Lecturer in Digital Media Studies, Cardiff University
Vice President; Digital Consumer Engagement, The LEGO Group
What is Digital Works?
Digital Works is a programme of content and events on all things digital, specifically for the arts and culture sector. We bring a range of people together to have timely and exciting conversations, to collect insights and to share best practice.
It was created by digital agency Substrakt in 2016, to provide additional support and enrich digital practice and learning for both their clients and the arts and culture sector more broadly.
The programme provides a lively and welcoming space to collectively learn from digital successes (and failures), discuss emerging trends and keep up to date with the most important news, products and innovations.